Every tory MP should read this and hang their bloody heads in shame … lets get them OUT in May 2015!
Please note: there are repeated references to suicide in the final section of this article, headed: “Is there anything else you would like to tell us about issues covered in this survey?“
A Benefits and Work survey has revealed an overwhelming distrust of the DWP, with the majority of respondents considering that the department:
- has negatively affected their own health
- treats claimants inhumanly
- causes claimants’ deaths
- covers up the poverty, suffering and deaths it causes
Benefits and Sanctions deaths survey
In the last Benefits and Work newsletter we published a link to a ‘Benefits sanctions and deaths’ survey.
Two things prompted us to create the survey:
- the preceding week Conservative business minister Nick Boles told charity volunteers that some benefits sanctions were ‘inhuman’ – then changed his mind.
- Channel 4’s Dispatches revealed that that more than 30 secret reviews carried out following the deaths of benefit claimants called…
View original post 9,520 more words